Ann Davison, CAE
Strategic Information Manager
First Class: Officers Selected for Fire Service Executive Development Institute
February 27, 2013
The International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) announced the inaugural cadre of students accepted into the Fire Service Executive Development Institute.
The Fire Service Executive Development Institute is a new year-long leadership-development program developed by the IAFC to provide new and aspiring chiefs with the tools they need to have successful and productive tenures.
Those accepted into the program are:
- Chief Administration Officer Scott E Avery, O'Fallon Fire Protection District (MO)
- Deputy Chief Norman Augustin, Dekalb Co. (GA) Fire & Rescue
- Battalion Chief Lisa Baker, Oakland (CA) Fire Department
- Deputy Chief Roxanne V. Bercik, Los Angeles (CA) Fire Department
- Fire Chief David Burke, Duvall-King County (WA) Fire District 45
- Assistant Chief Alonzo G. Chapman, Milwaukee County (WI) Fire Department
- Assistant Chief Page M. Day, Missouri City (TX) Fire & Rescue Services
- Fire Chief Jeff Dygert, Auburn (NY) Fire Department
- Deputy Chief Darnell Fullum, Fulton County (GA) Fire & Rescue
- Fire Chief Steve Henry, Coalinga (CA) Fire Department
- Fire Chief David W. Hollinger, Reading (PA) Fire Department
- Assistant Chief James Keiken, Madison (WI) Fire Department
- Battalion Chief Robert E. Lee, Newport News (VA) Fire & Rescue
- Assistant Chief Denise S. Pouget, Alexandria (VA) Fire & Rescue
- Fire Chief Marcus O. Reed, City of Roseville (CA) Fire Department
- Fire Marshal Rudy Ruiz, Sandusky (OH) Fire Department
- Assistant Chief Paul Siebert, Frisco (TX) Fire Department
- Assistant Deputy Chief Sean Tracey, Ottawa (ON) Fire Service
- Fire Chief Matthew A. Trexel, Burlington (IA) Fire Department
- Deputy Chief Deborah A. Pendergast, Laconia (NH) Fire Department
“Lately, we spend a lot of time talking about the challenges facing the fire and emergency service, but this group of leaders represents the opportunities ahead,” said Chief Hank Clemmensen, IAFC president and chairman of the board. “Each of these officers has a proven track record as progressive and collaborative leaders. I have no doubt that bringing them together in a learning environment will benefit us all.”
The IAFC received many outstanding applications for this program and wishes to thank each applicant. We encourage them and others to watch for information on potential future offerings.
About the International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC)
The IAFC represents the leadership of firefighters and emergency responders worldwide. IAFC members are the world's leading experts in firefighting, emergency medical services, terrorism response, hazardous materials spills, natural disasters, search and rescue, and public safety legislation. Since 1873, the IAFC has provided a forum for its members to exchange ideas, develop professionally and uncover the latest products and services available to first responders.
About the Fire Service Executive Development Institute
The Fire Service Executive Development Institute is a new program developed by the IAFC and funded by a grant from Motorola Solutions Foundation to provide new and aspiring chiefs with the tools they need to have a successful and productive tenure.
Company Officer Leadership: Preparing Chief Officers
Executive Fire Officer: Facing the New Realities
Application Procedures Announced for the 2013 Harvard Fellowship Program