The FY 2018 SAFER application period is open through Friday, March 22, at 5 PM ET. FEMA and the IAFC each have some resources to help with your application. We’re also introducing a new member benefit to save your department 25% on grant writing.
- View or download the FY 2018 SAFER application assistance tools from the AFG website.
- FY 2018 SAFER application webinars provide information about cost-share requirements (hiring activity), program priorities, eligible costs and how to navigate the grant application as well as tips for preparing an application. Webinars are 2-3 PM ET on February 20, 21, 27 and 29.
- Questions? Contact the SAFER Grants Help Desk at 1-866-274-0960 or Firegrants@fema.dhs.gov. Note: You must be registered and active in the System for Award Management before you can apply.
- Looking for assistance with your SAFER Volunteer Recruitment and Retention grant? The IAFC is partnering with FireGrantsHelp to assist with grant writing and submission. IAFC members receive a 25% discount by using code IAFC25.
- Check out the IAFC’s Volunteer Workforce Solutions services that you can use to strengthen your recruitment/retention efforts.
- The IAFC’s Volunteer and Combination Officers Section has some great educational opportunities and leadership classes that can be included as part of your application.
- The SAFER Grant includes the opportunity to apply for the cost of a Staffing Needs Assessment. ESCI, the consulting arm of the IAFC, can provide you with a scope of work and background information with which to develop your grant application. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.