The IAFC, ESCI and 1SmartCareer proudly partner to bring the "coach approach" to performance management by communicating simply and powerfully. This event is being held October 15-18 in Chantilly, Virginia, at IAFC headquarters; event time is 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM.
Participants will learn to coach their peers and reduce internal personnel issues by combining peer support, 1:1 leadership coaching, facilitation and accountability for results.
Session topics include:
- Performance Management and Mentoring
- Comprehensive Thinking - High Performance Tripod and Timeline
- Ethics and Leadership Values
- Conflict Management and Accountability Plans
Leadership academy class size is limited to 50 attendees.
- Hyatt Place Chantilly/Dulles Airport-South, 4994 Westone Plaza, Chantilly, VA 20151, Ph: 703-961-8160
- Courtyard by Marriott Dulles Airport Chantilly, 3935 Centerview Drive, Chantilly, VA 20151, Ph: 703-709-7100
- Holiday Inn Chantilly-Dulles Expo Airport, 4335 Chantilly Shopping Center, Chantilly, VA 20151, Ph: 703-815-6060
- Hyatt Regency Fairfax, 12777 Fair Lakes Circle, Fairfax, VA 22033, Ph: 703-818-1234
*The IAFC has a preferred corporate rate with Hyatt Place Chantilly/Dulles Airport-South. Ask for the IAFC corporate rate #CR112353 when contacting the hotel directly.
Who Should Attend?
Current officers / Future-potentials / New officers / Mid-level Chiefs
Symposium Class Content:
- Leadership Foundation / Preparing Officers / Setting Expectations / Dashboard and 30-Day Accountability Plans
- Think Comprehensively - High Performance Tripod and Timeline / Crisis Management & Leadership
- Who are we Leading - Generational Differences
- Conflict Management and Having Difficult Conversations / Dealing with Politics
$899; includes a four-day, in person symposium, followed by two coaching and two mentoring sessions over four months
- Great ROI, with Practical, Measurable Emphasis, on Results, Powerful Approach, Flexible
- Officers that are better problem solvers and managers
- Fewer issues coming to the Fire Chief's desk
- Participants learn to coach their peers and reduce internal personnel issues