Become a Member
At the IAFC, our focus is on you. We appreciate and understand what it means to be a leader, whether that be as a fire chief, chief officer or company officer. We’re here to help you connect, explore, share, learn and grow along with over 10,000 aspiring and accomplished fire chiefs and officers like you from across the US, Canada and around the world.
We have 4 member types to choose from, based on rank and qualifications. All member types include membership in a regional IAFC Division.
Regular Membership status is available to any fire chief, fire marshal and chief officer with 2-5 bugles. Join online now | Join form (pdf) Annual dues start at $189 plus your division dues (which will vary depending on your region).
Departmental Membership is open to departments that serve a population of 10,000 or less. The entire department can join for the price of a regular membership. Get details and apply now! Join online now | Join form (pdf) Annual dues start at $189 plus your division dues (which vary depending on your region).
Affiliate Membership is available to any member of a fire department or emergency medical services agency (captain, lieutenant, firefighter, paramedic, code official, mechanic, administrative staff and others) who is not a chief officer. Join online now |Join form (pdf) Annual dues are just $95 and include division membership.
Associate Membership is available to elected or appointed officials, individuals representing businesses that are interested in the IAFC and other interested parties. Join online now | Join form (pdf) Annual dues start at $189 plus your division dues (which vary depending on your region).
If you have any questions or would like to join over the phone, please contact Member Services at 866-385-9110.
Already a member and interested in adding a section membership? Join Sections (IAFC member login required) Annual section dues are just $25.
The IAFC has members in countries spanning all continents. Learn more about international membership.
Reasons to Join
- Receive clear, concise and trusted information that helps you better your job.
- Gain support and solutions from peers who face similar challenges.
- Access 24/7 to the latest data, research and best practices in the fire and emergency service.
- Thought leadership articles on current and emerging trends.
- Professional devleopment opportunites through leadership and training programs.
- Building your network of contacts to whom you can turn when you need assistance and advice.
- Having an advocate in Washington, D.C., that's working for funding and resources that support your department, your personnel and your community.
View the full list of IAFC membership benefits.
Teaming with Those You Serve
Making a Difference in the Counterterrorism Community
IAFC Joins the VA to End Homelessness Among Veterans
When Perception Is Reality, Image Is Everything