2019 VCOS Election
The 2019 election will be run exclusively online in conjunction with the IAFC election.
Current members must be paid through at least March 31, 2019 to ensure receipt of voting credentials when the election opens in May. New members must join by May 25, 2019 to qualify.
We will announce the 2019 VCOS board candidates, post VCOS endorsements and VCOS board endorsements for the 2019 election on this page. Please check back for information on the 2019 election.
The VCOS board consists of nine members at-large and the VCOS international director, for a total of ten board members. No more than two at-large board members from the same division can serve on the board at the same time.
VCOS Board of Directors Candidates Announced
There are three at-large board member seats up for election for 3-year terms through 2022. The top three vote-getters will get the at-large board member positions as long as it doesn't conflict with the "no more than two from the same division" rule.
Voting opens to eligible IAFC-VCOS members on May 8 and will run through June 7. Results will be announced on June 10.
The Candidates for the VCOS Board of Directors are:
- Chief Jason Catrambone, Williston (North Dakota) Fire Department, read his candidate statement
- Chief Richard Cowger, Columbus (Montana) Rural Fire District #3, read his candidate statement
- Chief Walter Gahler, Canmore (Alberta) Fire Rescue Services, read his candidate statement
- Chief Joseph E. O’Conor, Jr., Peachtree City (Georgia) Fire and Rescue Department read his candidate statement
- Chief Fred Windisch, Ponderosa (Texas) Fire Department, read his candidate statement
If you have any questions, please contact:
Chief Joseph Florentino, Chair
VCOS Endorsements for the 2019 Elections
The VCOS is endorsing Chief Steven Locke for IAFC Secretary-Treasurer 2019-2020 and Chief Richard Carrizzo for 2nd VP 2019-2020.
The VCOS Board is endorsing Chief Donna Black for 2nd VP 2020-2021.
VCOS Endorsement Policy