2019 VCOS Election
The 2019 election will be run exclusively online in conjunction with the IAFC election.
Current members must be paid through at least March 31, 2019 to ensure receipt of voting credentials when the election opens in May. New members must join by May 25, 2019 to qualify.
We will announce the 2019 VCOS board candidates, post VCOS endorsements and VCOS board endorsements for the 2019 election on this page. Please check back for information on the 2019 election.
The VCOS board consists of nine members at-large and the VCOS international director, for a total of ten board members. No more than two at-large board members from the same division can serve on the board at the same time.
There are three at-large board member seats up for election for 3-year terms through 2022. The top three vote-getters will get the at-large board member positions as long as it doesn't conflict with the "no more than two from the same division" rule.
All candidates for election to the VCOS board must:
- Be a regular member in good standing of the IAFC and VCOS
- Be an active chief officer engaged in supervising volunteers in a combination or volunteer fire department
- Be available to attend four meetings a year in various parts of the country, with the understanding that some expenses for travel may be your responsibility. (These meetings include the VCOS Symposium in the West, Fire-Rescue International and VCOS Symposium in the Sun.)
- Participate in conference calls that occur approximately once a month
- Work on projects assigned by the chair/board of directors
- Promote the VCOS by writing articles for the VCOS newsletter and attending regional fire service events
If you have any questions, please contact:
Chief Joseph Florentino, Chair
VCOS Endorsements for the 2019 Elections
The VCOS is endorsing Chief Steven Locke for IAFC Secretary-Treasurer 2019-2020.