2018 VCOS Board Candidates Announced
The 2018 election will be run exclusively online in conjunction with the IAFC election.
Current members must be paid through at least March 31, 2018 to ensure receipt of voting credentials when the election opens in May. New members must join by May 25, 2018 to qualify.
Voting opens to eligible members on May 10, 2018 and will run through June 24, 2018. Final results will be announced on June 26, 2018.
2018 VCOS Board Candidates
- Fire Chief John Mohler, Bloomfield (New Mexico) Fire Department
- Fire Chief Michael Mulligan, Atascocita (Texas) Fire Department
- Fire Chief Ron Oettel, Lititz (Pennsylvania) Fire Department
- Fire Chief Edward Rush, Hartsdale (New York) Fire Department
- Deputy Fire Chief James Seavey, Sr., Cabin John Park (Maryland) Volunteer Fire Department
- Fire Chief John Whisenant, Beaver Lake (Arkansas) Fire Department
- Fire Chief Timothy Whitham, Edwardsville (Kansas) Fire Department
- Fire Chief Al Yancey, Jr., Minooka (Illinois) Fire Protection District
Access 2018 VCOS board candidate statements
The VCOS board consists of nine members at-large and the VCOS international director, for a total of ten board members. No more than two at-large board members from the same division can serve on the board at the same time.
There are three at-large board member seats up for election for 3-year terms through 2021. The top three vote-getters will get the at-large board member positions as long as it doesn't conflict with the "no more than two from the same division" rule.
All candidates for election to the VCOS board must:
- Be a regular member in good standing of the IAFC and VCOS
- Be an active chief officer engaged in supervising volunteers in a combination or volunteer fire department
- Be available to attend four meetings a year in various parts of the country, with the understanding that some expenses for travel may be your responsibility. (These meetings include the VCOS Symposium in the West, Fire-Rescue International and VCOS Symposium in the Sun.)
- Participate in conference calls that occur approximately once a month
- Work on projects assigned by the chair/board of directors
- Promote the VCOS by writing articles for the VCOS newsletter and attending regional fire service events
If you have any questions, please contact:
Chief Joseph Florentino, Chair
VCOS Board Endorsements for the 2018 Elections
The VCOS Board of Directors has endorsed Chief Dan Eggleston for IAFC President, Chief Gary Ludwig for IAFC 1st Vice President, Chief Nathan Trauernicht for IAFC 2nd Vice President and former VCOS Board member Chief Randy Larson for at-large board member of the Safety, Health and Survival Section.
We strongly encourage you to review Chief Eggleston's campaign website, Chief Ludwig's campaign website, and Chief Trauernicht’s campaign website for more information about their experience and platform.