2020 VCOS Election
The 2020 election is now open. The election will run exclusively online in conjunction with the IAFC election.
Voting is open to eligible IAFC-VCOS members and will run through June 17.
Current members must have their dues paid through May 31, 2020 to ensure voting eligibility. New members must join by June 10, 2020 to qualify.
The VCOS board consists of nine members at-large and the VCOS international director, for a total of ten board members. No more than two at-large board members from the same division can serve on the board at the same time.
VCOS Board of Directors Candidates Announced
There are three at-large board member seats up for election for 3-year terms through 2023. The top three vote-getters will get the at-large positions as long as it doesn't conflict with the "no more than two from the same division" rule.
The Candidates for the VCOS Board of Directors are:
- Chief Byron F. Andrews, III, Sterling (Virginia) Volunteer Rescue Squad, read his candidate statement
- Chief Norvin Collins, San Juan Island (Washington) Fire & Rescue, read his candidate statement
- Chief Jim Cook, Loudoun County (Virginia) Fire & Rescue, read his candidate statement
- Chief Charles M. (Chuck) Flynn, Suffield (Connecticut) Fire Department, read his candidate statement
- Chief Kevin D. Hardwick, Glendale (Ohio) Fire Department, read his candidate statement
If you have any questions, please contact:
Chief Joseph Florentino, Chair
VCOS Endorsements for the 2020 Elections
The VCOS and the VCOS Board are endorsing Chief Donna Black for 2nd VP 2020-2021.
VCOS Endorsement Policy