Approximately 2 hours long, whenever convenient for you
IAFC Academy (online, login required. You'll be prompted to create an account if you don't already have one.)
This online training program is based on Propane Emergencies, 3rd Edition, by Hildebrand and Noll. It's approximately two hours long and consists of five modules, each containing:
- Defined objectives and knowledge checks
- Interactive scenarios
- A final comprehensive assessment to reinforce learning
At the completion of this training, first responders will:
- Be more aware of the physical and chemical properties of propane.
- Will know how to complete a hazard and risk assessment as well as general emergency-response procedures.
- Will be able to the use the program's eight-step process to develop an incident action plan to mitigate an emergency.
Who should take this course?
- All first responders with industrial and residential propane-response responsibility.
- This training may be especially valuable for volunteer, combination, fire-brigade and other responders where time or resources for instructor-led hazmat training specifically on propane properties is limited.
The Propane Emergencies online training program was created by International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) and the Propane Education and Research Council (PERC). The IAFC and PERC are partnering to expand awareness of critical information and issues related to propane training and to enhance and improve preparedness for hazmat response involving incidents with propane.