Constitution & Bylaws
IAFC Policy Manual
The Constitution, Bylaws and Resolutions (CBR) Committee is a permanent committee of the IAFC. It consists of one representative from each IAFC division and three at-large members appointed by the President and Chairman of the Board. The committee initiates and/or reviews proposed changes to the IAFC Constitution and Bylaws and reports on the changes to the IAFC Board of Directors and to the IAFC membership.
The committee also receives and reviews all resolutions submitted by the membership and makes a recommendation on each resolution in a report to the membership. The committee then submits resolutions to the general membership for a vote at the general business meeting, held at Fire-Rescue International. Resolutions automatically expire after three years.
The IAFC Constitution & Bylaws is a living document that governs the activities of the association. It is reviewed annually by the CBR Committee. Members requesting changes to the IAFC Constitution & Bylaws must submit their proposal in writing to the CEO/executive director of the association by February 1 in a manner prescribed by the CBR Committee. Track-changed Microsoft Word document is preferred.
Resolutions for CBR Committee consideration must be submitted by February 1, 2021. Download resolution template.
None submitted in 2020.
- Cancer Presumption Legislation (pdf)
- Rules of Engagement (pdf)
None submitted in 2018.
2021 Key Dates
- February 1, 2021 - Deadline to submit proposed amendments to the IAFC Constitution and Bylaws, division bylaws, and section bylaws to the IAFC CEO/executive director.
- February 18, 2021 - CBR Committee Meeting (Virtual)
- June 3, 2021 - CBR Committee Meeting (Virtual)
- July 28, 2021 - CBR Committee Meeting, Fire-Rescue International, Charlotte, North Carolina
CBR Committee Meeting Minutes
- October 15, 2020 - Virtual (coming soon)
- August 18, 2020 - FRI/Virtual (pdf)
- June 4, 2020 - Conference Call (pdf)
- February 22, 2020 - IAFC Headquarters/Chantilly, Virginia (pdf)
- October 11, 2019 - Conference Call (pdf)
- August 7, 2019 - FRI/Atlanta, Georgia (pdf)
- June 6, 2019 - Conference Call (pdf)
- March 7, 2019 - Conference Call (pdf)
- February 21, 2019 - Conference Call (pdf)
- August 8, 2018 - FRI/Dallas, Texas (pdf)
- March 6, 2018 - Conference Call (pdf)
- July 26, 2017 - FRI/Charlotte, North Carolina (pdf)
- March 11, 2017 - IAFC Headquarters/Fairfax, Virginia (pdf)
- August 17, 2016 - FRI/San Antonio, Texas (pdf)
- March 12, 2016 - IAFC Headquarters/Fairfax, Virginia (pdf)
Chief Charles Doody
Canton (Massachusetts) Fire Department