As part of the International Fellowship Program, international firefighters are placed in leading U.S. fire departments for six months to learn best practices and internalize the U.S. fire service culture.
Through this program, the IAFC is building a community of U.S. fire departments that believe in the continuous improvement of the fire service across cultures. The fellowship is punctuated with targeted leader-development training and culminates in a capstone project on a topic of their choosing that addresses current or emerging issues in their department. This unique partnership was born out of like-minded leaders getting together to address the growing challenges of the fire service.
Participating Host Departments
- City of San Diego Fire-Rescue Department (Calif.)
- Oklahoma City Fire Department (Okla.)
- Rogers Fire Department (Ark.)
- Prince George’s County Fire/EMS (Md.)
- Dekalb County Fire Rescue (Ga.)
- Miami-Dade Fire Rescue (Fla.)
- Columbus Division of Fire (Ohio)
- Sacramento Metropolitan Fire District (Calif.)
- Greater Naples Fire District (FL.)
- Myrtle Beach Fire Department (SC)
- Atlanta Fire & Rescue Department (GA)
Interested in becoming a host department? Contact, program manager, John Morris, to get the process started.
Clicking the button bellow will also take to our FAQ page.