As part of the International Fellowship Program, international firefighters are placed in leading U.S. fire departments for six months to learn best practices and internalize the U.S. fire service culture.
Through this program, the IAFC is building a community of U.S. fire departments that believe in the continuous improvement of the fire service across cultures.
Program Objectives for Participants
- Strengthen core competencies through exposure to high-call volume operational environments
- Develop knowledge, skills and abilities according to industry best-practices
- Understand the culture and values of the U.S. fire and emergency service
Participating U.S. fire departments benefit from:
- Cultural exposure
- Networking and training with like-minded, progressive fire departments
- Being at the forefront of future international partnerships
For international fire departments, this program is an opportunity to test their officers and groom their future leaders.
Interested in having a conversation to become a host department? Fill out this form and a fellowship program manager will contact you with more information.