The EFO Section provides value to ALL IAFC members considering executive development. The recognition of and need for executive development is NOT limited to National Fire Academy EFO graduates. The EFO Section identifies and promotes best practices for succession planning and executive officer education. Are you a chief officer? Do you want to be a chief officer? If so, the IAFC EFO Section is intended for you!
The EFO elections, in conjunction with the IAFC elections, will be opening May 8. Every IAFC member will receive an email with directions on how to vote and a link to do so. This year, the EFO Section is electing a director for the Great Lakes and Western Divisions as well as determining whether to change the bylaws. Learn more about your candidates.
Great Lakes Director Candidates:
Western Director Candidates:
Amendments to section bylaws submitted by the Executive Fire Officers Section board were approved by the IAFC Constitution, Bylaws and Resolutions Committee and the IAFC Board of Directors. The changes include:
- adding an “at-large” member to the section board
- removing “or retired chief officer” from the officer qualifications provision
- adding a provision that to be eligible to run for section chair a member must have served at least one year on the section board
- clarifying the section election process to comply with IAFC policies and procedures
- clarifying the terms of executive committee members
- clarifying how an International Director, if applicable, is selected.
Be prepared to vote yes or no by clicking here to review the tracked changes to the bylaws.
2019 EFO Symposium
The 2019 EFO Symposium was held April 26-28 and the event was a true success. A strong mix of fun, networking, and education formed to yield a memorable event.
EFO Strategic Plan Approved
The IAFC Board of Directors approved the EFO Section's Strategic Plan. Take a look at what it entails and see how you can get involved to make it come to fruition.
2018-2020 EFOS Strategic Plan