Vote in the EFO Section Election
This year the EFO Section has five seats open for the Board of Directors and proposes significant updating to its bylaws. Three seats, Chair, Vice-Chair, and Secretary/Treasurer are unopposed while the Directors-at-Large for both the Southeastern and Eastern Divisions are contested. Those running are:
- For Section Chair (unopposed), Battalion Chief Jo-Ann Lorber, Fort Lauderdale (Florida) Fire Rescue
- For Vice Chair (unopposed), Deputy Fire Chief William Hyde, Rogers (Arkansas) Fire Department
- For Secretary/Treasurer (unopposed), Deputy Fire Chief Gregory Barton, Beverly Hills (California) Fire Department
- For Eastern Division Director-at-Large, Fire Chief Joseph Fahd, Cohoes (New York) Fire Department
- For Eastern Division Director-at-Large, Deputy Fire Chief Michael Allora, Clifton (New Jersey) Fire Department
- For Eastern Division Director-at-Large, Chief Fire Officer Charles McGarvey, Lower Merion (Pennsylvania) Fire Department
- For Southeastern Division Director-at-Large, Fire Chief Trey Mayo, Winston-Salem (North Carolina) Fire Department
- For Southeastern Division Director-at-Large, Assistant Chief Timothy Mossgrove, Haines City (Florida) Fire Department
Candidate Bios & Platforms
In addition to electing officers, the section proposes revisions to its current bylaws by requiring members to serve two years on the Board of Directors before moving to the Executive Board; revising the process for amending bylaws; bringing the bylaws in line with the IAFC's; and making some editorial changes. Read through the proposed changes, outlined in red with the current version struckthrough, and be informed when it comes time to vote.
Proposed Bylaw Changes
The election runs from April 27 through June 8 and each section member will receive their own credentials to log into the online system to cast their vote. Be sure and make your voice heard. Know the candidates and the bylaw changes and exercise your membership to its fullest by voting.
You do not need to be an EFO graduate to attend and be sure to pay attention to the new meal ticket procedures when registering.