Interested in becoming an executive fire officer?
Learn about the EFO Program
April Brings Symposium
On April 26-28, the National Fire Academy, supported by your EFO Section, brings the Executive Fire Officer Symposium. Join us for two days of education and networking.
This year’s presenters include:
Check here for all the updates on the EFO elections. This year two seats are in contention: the Great Lakes and Western directors. Soon the candidates and their bios will be available to view on this page.
In addition to those seats, several amendments to the EFO Section bylaws were submitted by section leaders via the Bylaws Committee. In summary, the changes:
- added a director seat for a member from the Canadian Division
- added an “at-large” member to the section board to be elected by the board
- removed “or retired chief officer” from the officer qualifications provision
- added a provision that to be eligible to run for section chair a member must have served at least one year on the section board
- clarified the section election process to comply with IAFC policies and procedures
- clarified the terms of executive committee members
- clarified how an International Director, if applicable, is selected
The IAFC Constitution and Bylaws Committee have recommended approval of these amendments. Be prepared to vote yes or no by clicking here to review the tracked changes to the bylaws.
EFO Strategic Plan Approved
The IAFC Board of Directors approved the EFO Section's Strategic Plan. Take a look at what it entails and see how you can get involved to make it come to fruition.
2018-2020 EFOS Strategic Plan