The Executive Fire Officer Program (EFOP) is an initiative of the USFA/NFA that provides senior officers/others in key leadership roles with:
- An understanding of the:
- Need to transform fire and emergency services organizations from being reactive to proactive and to reflect the diversity of America's communities.
- Value of research and its application to the profession.
- Value of lifelong learning.
- Enhanced executive-level knowledge, skills and abilities necessary accomplish the above.
Officers enhance their professional development through a unique series of four graduate and upper-division-baccalaureate equivalent courses and completion an Applied Research Project (ARP) that relates to their organization after each course. The EFOP spans a four-year period with four core courses. Each course is two weeks long.
Get complete details on the Executive Fire Officer Program on the USFA/NFA webpage:
- Selection Criteria
- How to Apply
- Graduate Symposium
- Applied Research Projects
- EFOP Help Line