September 19, 2023 1:00 PM -
2:00 PM Eastern Standard Time
Public Consulting Group experts will cover two topics aimed at helping states and emergency transport providers recoup additional Medicaid funding:
- Intergovernmental Transfers (IGTs): PCG will provide an overview of IGTs, how they differ from traditional supplemental payment programs, and the success of the FL MCO PEMT program for EMS providers.
- Provider Assessment for ambulance providers: PCG will share an overview of provider tax assessments. We will provide insight on trends and lessons learned from states considering or implementing Provider Tax Assessment programs. We’ll also share some recent shifts in federal regulations and guidelines relating to provider assessments.
- Understanding how IGT programs work and how they can be implemented
- Defining a provider tax assessment program
- Walking through the steps involved in introducing a provider tax assessment program
- Understanding the potential benefits of a provider tax assessment program or private ambulance providers