The FY 2019 Assistance to Firefighters Grants (including Assistance to Firefighters Grants, Fire Prevention & Safety, and Staffing for Adequate Fire and Emergency Response) application periods are around the corner. FEMA just announced that the AFG application period will open on February 3 and close March 13. Fire Prevention & Safety (FP&S) and Staffing for Adequate Fire and Emergency Response (SAFER) grants will open at a later unknown time. But, you can prepare now.
- Information about these grants is available on the AFG Grant Program website.
- FY 2019 AFG Application Webinars: Beginning January 31, FEMA will hold a series of live application walk-throughs to help applicants navigate through the new FEMA GO online grant application. Live webinars will take place every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday throughout the open application period.
- The FY 2019 AFG guidance materials have been posted. For SAFER and FP&S grants, you can review the FY 2018 grant application guidance materials (Notice of Funding Opportunity, Checklists, FAQs, etc.) to get an idea of what to expect. However, make sure to read the FY 2019 FP&S and SAFER documents carefully when they come out as some information will be different.
Questions? Email Firegrants@fema.dhs.gov.
- Looking for grant assistance? FireGrantsHelp can help with grant writing and submission. IAFC members receive a 25% discount by using code IAFC25. Contact FireGrantsHelp now so you can get a head start and brainstorm grant ideas.
- Need some ideas for your SAFER volunteer recruitment and retention application? Check out the IAFC's Volunteer Workforce Solutions services that you can use to strengthen your recruitment/retention efforts. Also, the IAFC's Volunteer and Combination Officers Section has some great educational opportunities and leadership classes that can be included as part of your application.
Did you know that wildland fire planning, preparation, and community outreach activities are eligible under the Fire Prevention & Safety grants? Email the IAFC's Wildland Fire Programs team for more information.