The IAFC, ESCI and 1SmartCareer proudly partner to bring the "coach approach" to performance management by communicating simply and powerfully. This event is being held April 30 - May 3 in Oakland, California, at Merritt College; event time is 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM.
Participants will learn to coach their peers and reduce internal personnel issues by combining peer support, 1:1 leadership coaching, facilitation and accountability for results.
Session topics include:
- Performance Management and Mentoring
- Comprehensive Thinking - High Performance Tripod and Timeline
- Ethics and Leadership Values
- Conflict Management and Accountability Plans
Leadership academy class size is limited to 44 attendees.
Who Should Attend?
Current officers / Future-potentials / New officers / Mid-level Chiefs
Symposium Class Content:
- Leadership Foundation / Preparing Officers / Setting Expectations / Dashboard and 30-Day Accountability Plans
- Think Comprehensively - High Performance Tripod and Timeline / Crisis Management & Leadership
- Who are we Leading - Generational Differences
- Conflict Management and Having Difficult Conversations / Dealing with Politics
$899 (discount pricing ends December 31, 2018) $949 beginning January 1; includes a four-day, in person symposium, followed by two coaching and two mentoring sessions over four months
- Great ROI, with Practical, Measurable Emphasis, on Results, Powerful Approach, Flexible
- Officers that are better problem solvers and managers
- Fewer issues coming to the Fire Chief's desk
- Participants learn to coach their peers and reduce internal personnel issues