Fire Chief Chuck Flynn Suffield FD (CT), VCOS chair will lead a discussion with other chiefs and USFA staff on probing questions about NFIRS. Roundtable participants bring a varied need about NFIRS. USFA staff will be live to interact and discuss the needs of fire chiefs.
Potential Questions for Panel Townhall
- Do you report all fires to the National Fire Incident Reporting System?
- How does your report data get into the National Fire Incident Reporting System?
- Do you use your fire report data for budget justification?
- What statistical reports does the fire agency produce on its response time performance and the extent of local fire losses?
- How do you make these reports available for the political groups and public?
- How many calls did the department handle 10 years ago, and how many last year?
- What percentage of growth has occurred? How has staffing changed in that time?
- How are reports entered at the station level?
- Does your department produce monthly data reports?
- How do members get trained on the National Fire Incident Reporting System?
- What question do you have for the National Fire Incident Reporting System staff?
- What do I get out of NFIRS?
- What are the benefits of NFIRS?
- The reasons we have a NFIRS data system.
- Chuck Flynn, Suffield FD (CT), Fire Chief, VCOS Chair
- Norvin Collins, San Juan Island FandR (WA), Fire Chief, VCOS Board Member
- Al Yancey, Minooka FD (IL), Fire Chief, VCOS Board Member
- Marianne Casey, USFA
- Marion Long, USFA
- Dwight Crews, USFA
- Jim Heeschen, USFA
- David Millstein, USFA
National Fire Incident Reporting System