VCOS is a proud supporter of the Near Miss Reporting System. The Near Miss website is being relaunched over the course of January and February 2014 to provide an interactive user experience and a renewed focus on training that turns lessons learned into action. The relaunch allows Near Miss to keep up with today's rapidly expanding social-networking capabilities and progressive technologies and to provide a dynamic experience for fire and EMS personnel.
The new Near Miss website will contain:
- An updated report submission process, powered by AlphaTRAC's XCapture™ technology, for improved data collection and analysis
- Enhancements that improve visitors' ability to find and share reports
- A new Near Miss training environment that includes:
- A revamped Report of the Week
- A training bundle that will be piloted in February that includes a short training video and table top scenarios based on Near Miss reports
- A monthly scenario-based training simulation, using AlphaTRAC's AlphaACT® decision-making training applications.