The IAFC Foundation is accepting applications for its educational scholarships from qualified first responders; the deadline is June 1.
Scholarships provided by the IAFC Foundation help improve the fire service by helping first responders advance their college level educations so that they are better prepared to face the ever increasing and complex challenges of today's fire service.
Available 2014 scholarships include:
- Motorola Future Leaders Scholarship Awards
- Chief Charles "Chet" Henry Memorial Scholarship Award
- Garry L. Briese Scholarship Award
- The Heather Westphal Memorial Scholarship Award
- IAFC Federal Military Section Award
- John M. Buckman, III Award
- Company Officer Leadership Symposium (COLS) Scholarship
- Fire Explorers (14-20 years of age)
Any person who is an active member with a minimum of three years as a volunteer, two years paid or a combination of paid and volunteer for three years with a state, county, provincial, municipal, community, industrial, or federal fire department is eligible to apply.
The IAFC Foundation is grateful to the Motorola Solutions Foundation, Glatfelter Insurance Group/VFIS and the many other fire service-related organizations and individuals who demonstrate their support of first-responder education by donating to the IAFC Foundation.
The scholarship application form can be found at IAFCF.org.
For information, contact Sharon Baroncelli at SBaroncelli@iafc.org or 703-896-4822.