Congratulations to our Hook & Ladder Top Recruiters for the 2010-2011 recruitment season!
A special congratulations and thank you to our top recruiter, Chief Jon Townsley, Aetna Hose, Hook & Ladder Company in Newark, Del., who recruited 10 new members; he was awarded an embroidered polo shirt, $50 in gift cards, one year of IAFC membership and a custom-made helmet shield. Congratulations, Chief!
In addition, here are the top recruiters by division:
- Southeast Division: Chief Jack McElfish, Sandy Springs (Ga.) Fire Dept.
- New England Division: Chief John Wood, Dept. of Public Safety, Barre, Vt.
- Missouri Valley Division: Chief Michael Merwick, Lincoln, Neb.
- Great Lakes Division: Chief Otto Huber, Loveland-Symmes (Ohio) Fire Dept.
- Southwest Division: Chief Robert Andrews, Industrial Emergency services, San Antonio, Tex.
- Western Division: Deputy Chief Kurt Henke, Sacramento (Calif.) Metro Fire District
The IAFC’s Hook & Ladder Club honors the recruitment efforts of current IAFC members who share the value and benefits of membership with their colleagues and crewmembers and then encourage them to join. Because of these efforts, our association has a stronger voice on Capitol Hill, a stronger presence within the fire and emergency services community, and a wide variety of experienced leaders who network and share experiences.
The recruitment season runs October through July, with awards being given throughout the season. The grand prize is presented at Fire-Rescue International to the member who recruits the most new members.
Thanks to all of our members who recruited members this past season. We appreciate your time and effort!
Cathie Larocca is the IAFC’s membership and marketing manager.