The unofficial results of the IAFC election have been returned and show that Chief Otto Drozd, Orange County (Florida) Fire Rescue, has received the majority of the IAFC members’ votes to become 2018-2019 IAFC second vice president. Official results will be certified by the Elections Committee and presented to the membership during the business meeting at Fire-Rescue International (FRI).
“I commend Chief Moore, Chief O'Brian, Chief Piland, Chief Trauernicht, and Chief Welch for offering their candidacies and running professional campaigns to help lead our great organization,” said Chief Tom Jenkins, IAFC president and chairman of the board.
The following elections were uncontested:
- Chief Dan Eggleston, Albemarle County (Virginia) Department of Fire Rescue, for IAFC president and chairman of the board
- Chief Gary Ludwig, Champaign (Illinois) Fire Department, for IAFC first vice president
The 2018-2019 officers will be installed in August at FRI.
IAFC Constitution and Bylaws Members also voted on three proposed amendments to the IAFC Constitution and Bylaws:
- Article II. Section 4 (A) (3). Membership and Membership Privileges – The proposed amendment would shorten the period that new members must wait before they are eligible to vote in IAFC elections from 15 days after receipt of initial membership dues to five days. Approved
- Article III. Section 2. Elected Officer Eligibility – This proposed amendment would require an IAFC officer candidate be the chief of a fire department for at least 50 of of the previous 52 weeks at the time of filing and through installation. Not Approved
- Article II. Section 4. Membership and Membership Privileges – This proposed amendment would add basic membership, currently offered as a pilot program, as a member type. Approved