Fairfax, Va. – The International Association of Fire Chiefs Foundation (IAFCF), committed to strengthening future leaders through higher education, announces its 2016 Scholarship award recipients. The Foundation is pleased to increase the number of scholarships awarded this year to 44, up from 39 awarded in 2015. This was made possible by an increase in the contributions and support of IAFC Foundation donors. The recipients are:
- The John M. Buckman, III Scholarship is presented to Firefighter Kaija Griffiths, View Royal Fire Department in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada.
- The Chief Charles A. “Chet” Henry Memorial Scholarship, made possible with support from VFIS, for exceptional commitment to public service, is presented to Firefighter/Paramedic Kirsten Gabbard, Colerain Township Department of Fire and EMS in Ohio.
- The Garry L. Briese Scholarship, made possible with support from the Motorola Solutions Foundation, is presented to Lieutenant David Saitta, Calumet City Fire Department in Illinois.
- The Heather Westphal Memorial Scholarship, created in honor of the IAFC’s Membership Marketing Manager and benefiting women in the fire service, is presented to Fire District Dispatcher Michele Macauley, Contra Costa Fire Protection District in California.
Fire Explorer Scholarships:
- Victoria-Rose Burke, Wyandanch-Wheatley Heights Ambulance Corp (NY)
- Jonathan Kuo, Los Angeles County Fire Department (CA)
- Austin Leggett, Spring Grove Fire Protection District (IL)
- Mark Liepins, Elburn Country Side Fire Protection District (IL)
- Morgan Schmitz, Novato Fire District (CA)
“The Foundation is delighted to provide these Scholarships to assist our dedicated men and women in their pursuit of a career in the fire and emergency services. Our award winners represent the future of the fire and emergency services and it’s imperative that we assist them in their quest to serve and protect our communities,” stated Anthony P. Campisi, IAFCF President and President/CEO of Glatfelter Insurance Group.
IAFC Foundation Educational Scholarships:
- Stephen Agenbroad, Assistant Chief, Clearcreek Fire District (OH)
- John Aniello, Firefighter, New Canaan Fire Department (CT)
- John Bostwick, Battalion Chief, Cedar Falls Fire Rescue (IA)
- Patrick Burke, Firefighter, Homer Township Fire Protection District (IL)
- Richard Campbell, Assistant Chief, Mokena Fire Protection District (IL)
- Jill Chapman, Paramedic, McCall Fire Protection District (ID)
- Rishan Chaudhry, EMS Lieutenant, Ashburn Volunteer Fire and Rescue Department (VA)
- Frank Chojnacki, Firefighter, Homer Township Fire Protection District (IL)
- Scott Cranford, Assistant Chief, Joplin Fire Department (MO)
- Stephen Davis, Lieutenant/Paramedic, Orange County Fire Rescue Department (FL)
- Thomas Eckert Jr., Lieutenant/Paramedic, Homer Township Fire Protection District (IL)
- Ashley Evans, Fire Intern, Stillwater Fire Department (OK)
- William Freeman, Chief, City of Cleveland Heights (OH)
- Nathan Gac, Battalion Chief, Elk Grove Village Fire Department (IL)
- Steven Gantner, Firefighter/Paramedic, City of Olivette Fire Department (MO)
- Allen Geeser, Battalion Chief, Cherry Valley Fire Protection District (IL)
- Joshua Gehrke, Captain, Clackamas Fire District #1 (OR)
- Jason Gurian, Assistant Chief, Matthews Fire and EMS (NC)
- Shane Hall, Driver, Alpharetta Fire and Emergency Services (GA)
- Brian Harbison, Lieutenant, Belvidere Fire Department (IL)
- James Harding, Lieutenant, Naperville Fire Department (IL)
- Clinton Hays, Firefighter/EMT, Jefferson City Fire Department (MO)
- Peter Johnson, Driver/Engineer, College Park Volunteer Fire Department (MD)
- James Johnston, Captain, City of Elko Fire Department (NV)
- Jason Krusen, Battalion Chief, Columbia Fire Department (SC)
- Anthony LaFemina, Firefighter/Paramedic, Darien Woodridge Fire District (IL)
- Scott Leudeman, Captain, City of Prescott Fire Department (AZ)
- Melanie Levine, Firefighter/Driver, Jefferson Parish Fire Department (LA)
- Mark Rogerson, Fire Marshal, Rocky Mount Fire Department (NC)
- Patrick Shipp, Fire Chief, Webster Fire Department (TX)
- Shannon Teamer, Lieutenant, Orange County Fire Rescue Department (FL)
- Russell Thompson, Captain, Greenville Fire Department (OH)
- Kevin Uthe, Lieutenant, Homer Township Fire Protection District (IL)
- Damion Vaughan, Battalion Chief, Henry County Fire Department (GA)
- Wayne Watson, Captain, Norfolk Fire Department (VA)
IAFC Foundation provides scholarships that make it possible for fire and EMS first responders to access the advanced learning opportunities they need in order to be prepared for the increasingly complex realities of the world today. The scholarship awards made by the IAFC Foundation impact the fire service and communities by providing first responders with the educational opportunities they need to lead the fire service and serve and protect our citizens.
For more information on the Foundation or to make a donation please visit www.iafcf.org.
703-273-0911 x389 | firstname.lastname@example.org