Denver - The Motorola Solutions Foundation, the charitable arm of Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI), today announced a $250,000 grant to the International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) to support the New Fire Chief Executive Institute.
The program will provide executive development and leadership training for the next generation of fire chiefs, who will learn best practices and skills from experienced chiefs and other experts seasoned in handling challenges and crises in real-world situations.
- With the average tenure of a fire chief at three to five years, the New Fire Chief Executive Institute was established to stem the turnover in fire department leadership and create stability within organizations to enhance safety in communities.
- Experts from the fire service and private industry will lead training sessions for new and aspiring fire chiefs on efficiency and effectiveness to improve the quality of fire and emergency services.
- Participants will attend a national leadership conference to pursue networking opportunities and continue their professional growth.
- Graduates of the institute will form an alumni group charged with developing and sharing programs and tools to promote fire service leadership.
- Motorola Solutions is a long-time partner of the IAFC and has sponsored the association's Ben Franklin Valor Award for more than 40 years. Additionally, the Motorola Solutions Foundation has supported the IAFC since 2007 with funding dedicated to advanced learning opportunities for emergency medical services and other fire service professionals.
Matt Blakely, director, Motorola Solutions Foundation
"Just as Motorola Solutions is a company that helps people be their best in the moments that matter, this new executive development program enables the IAFC to leverage its vast knowledge to help prepare the next generation of fire service leaders for the challenges facing their departments. Through this grant from the Motorola Solutions Foundation, we are proud to continue our partnership with the IAFC and support this important training initiative."
Chief Al Gillespie, president and chairman of the board, International Association of Fire Chiefs
"We are very grateful for the ongoing support of the Motorola Solutions Foundation and its dedication to our New Fire Chief Executive Institute. With the help of this grant, the institute will provide executive development based on real-world experience for new and aspiring chiefs to enhance their leadership abilities and reduce potential crises within their departments. It will also be used to develop programs and tools to disseminate leadership training throughout the fire and emergency service."