Heart Safe Community Awards
The annual Heart Safe Community Awards are sponsored by the IAFC EMS Section and Physio-Control. Two awards are presented at Fire-Rescue Med:
- Large Community (populations over 100,000)
- Small Community (populations under 100,000)
Submit a nomination today! - All nominations due by Feb. 12, 2018
Naperville and Grand Junction Win 2017 Heart Safe Award at Fire-Rescue Med
Past Heart Safe Community award recipients (pdf)
Agencies and systems nominated will have demonstrated creative approaches to improving therapies for patients with Acute Coronary Syndromes and its life-threatening complication, sudden cardiac arrest, through:
- Bystander CPR
- AED deployment (i.e., PAD programs, First Response)
- Out-of-hospital 12-lead ECGs
- 12-lead ECG advanced notification to the receiving hospital
- Partnering with local hospitals to improve outcomes from ACS and sudden cardiac arrest
- Communication programs to increase awareness and prevention of sudden cardiac arrest and heart attacks
Each winning agency receives:
- Admission for one to the Fire-Rescue Med conference and a one night hotel stay while at the conference,
- A crystal trophy
Award recipients must submit a short description of their community program for presentation during FRM opening ceremonies. Their stories will be featured in future white papers and case studies to promote best practices and the award program in the future.
Submit a nomination today!
Contact the EMS Section staff liaison:
James O. Page Award
This award is presented annually to an individual who has played a key role in creating and/or promoting non-clinical innovation and achievements in fire-service EMS management and leadership that has had a positive impact nationally.
The Award is named in honor of James O. Page, who has been a visionary and a national leader in fire-service EMS for over three decades.
Knipper Honored with 2017 James O. Page EMS Achievement Award
Past James O. Page Award Recipients (pdf)