IAFC_logo

FEMA Releases Fire Management Assistance Grant Program and Policy Guide

The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) announced the release of its new Fire Management Assistance Grant Program and Policy Guide. The Fire Management Assistance Grant (FMAG) program is available to states, tribal and local governments.

The FMAGs can be used for the mitigation, management, and control of fires on public or private forests or grasslands. The federal government covers 75% of the cost of an FMAG and the state government is responsible for the remaining 25%. 

The new FEMA document explains the FMAG declaration process; eligibility; and the grant management and close-out process. It also discusses issues such as mutual aid and what to do when fires cross state lines. Specifically, the guide includes the following: 

  • Updated information about Mutual Aid, Labor Costs, Donated Resources, and Duplication of Benefits 

  • Updated language regarding tribal governments 

  • Information on FEMA-State Agreements and FEMA-Tribal Agreements 

  • Information on Post Fire Hazard Mitigation Grants 

IAFC members are encouraged to download and review this new document. 

 

Ken LaSala is the IAFC’s Director of Government Relations & Policy. 

Related News

No result

Related
You are not logged in.