Fire Chief John S. Butler, IAFC President and Board Chair, acted on several key appointments during the recent IAFC Board Meeting held on September 12, 2023
- Board Policy Review: Chief Norris Croom (Castle Rock, CO), Chief Doug Schrage (Anchorage, AK), and Chief Corey Beals (Halifax, Nova Scotia, CN) will lead efforts to review and revise board policies.
- Board Member Orientation and Onboarding: Chief Ernest Malone (Indianapolis, IN) and Chief Roy Robichaux (Belle Chase, LA) will lead efforts to review and enhance the orientation and onboarding process for IAFC board members.
- USFA Summit/Fire Service One Voice: Chief Donna Black (Duck, NC) will continue to represent I AFC and engage with the U.S. Fire Administration (USFA) #fireserviceonevoice initiative.
- Training and Education Committee: Chief Rocco Alvaro (Fairfax County, VA) and Chief Debbie Carpenter (Spirt Lake, ID) will serve as Co-Chairs of the new Training and Education Development committee charged with guiding our initiatives in training and education and ensuring that our offerings meet the highest standards.
- Global Public Safety Solutions (GPSS) Board Vacancy: The IAFC will soon be taking applications from qualified IAFC members to fill a vacant seat on the IAFC’s GPSS Board of Directors. Look for this announcement on our website next week.
Chief Butler, along with the IAFC Board of Directors, is committed to continued progress on the IAFC Strategic Initiative Plan. These appointments will serve to keep the association moving forward as we seek to Lead, Serve, Educate, and Include our IAFC members and the fire and emergency service community. Look for more appointments to come as we take the IAFC into the future!<
About the International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC)
The The IAFC represents the leadership of firefighters and emergency responders worldwide. IAFC members are the world's leading experts in firefighting, emergency medical services, terrorism response, hazardous materials response, natural disasters, search and rescue, and public safety legislation. Since 1873, the IAFC has provided a forum for its members to exchange ideas, develop professionally and uncover the latest best practices and services available for first responders. In 2023, the IAFC proudly commemorates its 150th anniversary.