Chief Dan Eggleston, EFO, CFO, CEMSO
Albemarle County Department of Fire Rescue (Va.)
Currently the Fire Rescue Chief at the Albemarle County Department of Fire Rescue in Albemarle County Virginia, Chief Dan Eggleston is a visionary leader with a proven track record of getting things done.
Throughout his career, Chief Eggleston has been an active fire service leader at the state, regional, and national level. He has served as a Volunteer and Combination Officers Section (VCOS) Board member since 2008 and an IAFC Board member since 2013. Chief Eggleston is focused on fire fighter safety and is an active participant with the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation and Firefighter Cancer Support Network. He shares his experience and wisdom by teaching and lecturing on fire service leadership throughout the United States and Canada.
A man who values lifelong learning, Chief Eggleston has experienced some of the best programs the Fire & EMS profession has to offer. He is a graduate of the Executive Fire Officer program at the National Fire Academy, Emmitsburg, MD; a Harvard Fellow from the Senior Executive in Local and State Government at the John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University; a graduate of the Senior Executive Institute at the University of Virginia; and earned his master’s in Disaster Science from the University of Richmond in Richmond, VA.
In 2016, Chief Eggleston was selected as the IAFC Career Chief of the Year for his accomplishments, dedication, and positive impact on the fire service profession.
- Enhance efforts to reduce the number of preventable fire fighter line of duty deaths and injuries.
- Focus on diversity and inclusion in the fire service.
- Enrich professional development programs to reach and advance all fire service leaders.
- Partner with fire service stakeholders to advance beneficial legislation at the local, regional, and national level.
- Remain focused on providing value as a member driven organization.
For additional information: Eggleston4iafc.com