The FY 2017 AFG application period is open and will close Friday, February 2 at 5 PM ET.
FEMA recommends you thoroughly review the Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) prior to beginning your application and utilize the application assistance tools available below.
FY 2017 Application Assistance Tools:
- Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) contains the key programmatic updates and application requirements for all eligible applicants.
- The Get Ready Guide (PDF) is designed to give you a kick-start in preparing your application. It will help better prepare you to thoroughly answer the application questions.
- The Self-evaluation Assistance Sheets are designed to help you understand the criteria that you must address in your narrative statement when applying for the Assistance to Firefighters Grants (AFG) Program. There are two sheets, one for Operations & Safety and one for Vehicle Acquisition (PDF).
- The Application Checklist will help you prepare your grant application. Collecting this information beforehand will reduce the time and energy needed to complete your application.
- The Cost Share Calculator (PDF) allows you to determine your organizations Local Cost Share for grants. It is important to familiarize yourself with FEMA’s administration of cost sharing requirements.
- Live application webinars coming soon. A separate message with the webinar dates will be distributed soon.