We're excited to announce that the application period for the next round of the IAFC Diversity Executive Leadership Program (iDELP) is officially open. This will be the second cohort of the two-year program.
As you may recall, iDELP was launched in 2017, aimed at supporting individuals from under-represented identity groups and courageous leaders interested in creating an inclusive and diverse workforce. The program provides tools for motivated changemakers to advance into the ranks of leadership in the IAFC and fire and emergency service leadership at a national level.
In the 2017-2019 cohort, iDELP Fellows:
- Spoke at IAFC conferences about sexism, racism, diversity and inclusion
- Participated in March 2018 IAFC Leadership Forum where they helped create the 2018-2020 IAFC Strategic Direction
- Became active participants in IAFC committees and sections, including one selection as chair of the IAFC Human Relations Committee (HRC)
- Represented the IAFC at the NFPA Forum
- Collaborated on difficult subjects and pathways to improve fire/EMS culture
- Provided input in shaping online learning focused on inclusion and diversity at fire departments
- Shaped iDELP as a program to improve successes moving forward
We're incredibly proud of the leaders who were selected for the inaugural program.
We expect them to continue to mentor future iDELP cohorts, lead courageous conversations in fire/EMS, and make their way into IAFC and national leadership positions for years to come.
Please review the iDELP eligibility and guidelines and share this program and 2019-2021 application with those you feel would be a good fit.
We will accept iDELP applications up to March 22, 2019 at 6:00 PM EST.
Questions? Contact Tim Hopkins.
Tim Hopkins is the IAFC's Digital Center Director and staff liaison to the iDELP program.