Culture, or the way we are expected to do things around here, has deep impacts on the outcomes you see in your organization, whether you’re in the Fire Service or not. Even though most Fire Chiefs typically don’t see their entire staff often, the decisions they make daily still have a great influence on the expectations that form the culture. This includes both the operational side (such as how quickly you respond to a call, or how well equipment is stocked and maintained) AND more importantly, the human side (such as how motivated and satisfied employees are, or their commitment to continue to work for your agency)!
One of the biggest influencers on your culture is YOU as a leader, the strategies you use to lead, and the line you walk between operational leadership and people-centered leadership. These strategies (constructive or defensive) need to be used in proper balance with one another, to create the messaging, commitment, and enjoyment you are looking for in your agency.
During this interactive webinar, we’ll be exploring what culture is and isn’t, how you impact it as a leader, and what tangible strategies you can utilize to best lead your people. Hear how focusing on the people side of leadership has changed the game for a current Fire Chief, and tips on what he did to shift his culture. Join us to start deepening your constructive impact NOW.
- Gain a deeper understanding of what culture is and is not, in the Fire Service and beyond.
- Learn how leaders impact their culture, from operations to the human side of the job, no matter the industry.
- Discover strategies Fire Service leaders can use to directly impact culture in the ways they need and intend to.
- Learn the difference between constructive and defensive strategies, and what a helpful balance of each looks like.
- Find out how focusing on the people side of leadership will benefit you, your organization, and your staff.