Upon completion of this 2-hour, online course, students will have knowledge related to ethanol and ethanol-blended fuels including the use, chemical and physical characteristics, transportation modes, transfer operations, basics of foam, suggested responder tactics and strategies, and environmental issues.
- Ethanol Emergency Response Overview
- Ethanol and Ethanol-Blended Fuels
- Chemical and Physical Characteristics
- Transportation and Transfer
- Storage and Dispensing Locations
- Firefighting Foam Principles
- General Health and Safety Considerations
- Storage and Pre-Planning Considerations
This course was jointly developed by the IAFC and RFA for delivery via the IAFC Academy.