Terrorism Response: A Checklist and Guide for Fire Chiefs and Community Service Leaders (abstract)
The IAFC Terrorism and Homeland Security Committee has released its expanded Terrorism Response: A Checklist and Guide for Fire Chiefs and Community Preparedness Leaders 3rd Edition. This expanded toolkit provides a clear, systematic and comprehensive framework for all emergency responders and community preparedness leaders to better prepare for, prevent, respond to and recover from all risks and all hazards incidents.
The Checklist and Guide was first released in 2007 as a guide for fire chiefs. However, the realities of today’s world require communities and departments to reach out beyond their own resources, and to form effective partnerships within their communities, regions, states and across the nation to achieve an effective level of preparedness for all incidents. The checklist is a tool to support responder disciplines during these efforts.
The expanded Checklist and Guide:
- Includes all first responders and community preparedness leaders in their efforts to collaborate across disciplines
- Follows an all risks, all hazards approach
- Encourages users to apply the Checklist and Guide to the hazards unique to their communities
- Includes new and revised reference sections to address incidents and programs that have developed since the first and second editions were published
- Provides online references to ensure documents remain relevant and easily accessible
- Includes an interactive checklist that users can save electronically
The Checklist and Guide is available to all emergency responders and community leaders.