Firefighters are a unique group of radio users. Your safety and operational effectiveness, as well as the safety of the citizens you protect, depends on understanding how radio communications technology works and how it must be used in the harshest and most hostile of environments.
Voice Radio Communications Guide for the Fire Service. Focus areas include:
- Digital and analog radio.
- Conventional radio systems.
- Direct communications.
- System design and portable radio selection and use.
- Radio spectrum licensing and the Federal Communications Commission.
- First Responder Network Authority (FirstNet).