Check these out!
Here's a brief snapshot of the IAFC's recent activities that are focused on ensuring your success as a leader in the fire and emergency service. View full list.
- On September 27, IAFC President Gary Ludwig submitted testimony to the House Energy and Commerce Committee’s Subcommittee on Communications and Technology discussing the importance of repealing the federal statutory requirement to auction public safety spectrum in the T-Band.
- In November, various members of the IAFC visited Capitol Hill to discuss the High-Rise Fire Sprinkler Incentive Act, attended the Mexico Chiefs conference and participated on a Child Safety Task Force.
- For the eighth year, the IAFC received a grant from Motorola Solutions Foundation (MSF) to fund another year of the Fire Service Executive Development Institute (FSEDI). FSEDI is a program developed by the IAFC to provide new and aspiring chiefs the tools they need to have a successful and productive tenure.
- In August, the IAFC hosted over 8,600 fire service professionals and over 400 exhibitors from across the globe at its annual conference, Fire-Rescue International.
- The IAFC’s Safety, Health and Survival Section recently hosted a PPE summit and a training course on bullying prevention.
- The IAFC expanded its partnership with TC Energy (formally TransCanada) into Mexico. The IAFC’s Hazmat Center will conduct natural gas pipeline emergency preparedness and response training/awareness sessions with civil protection agencies from the states of Veracruz and Hidalgo, Mexico.
- In September, IAFC staff met with congressional offices to educate them on the Ready, Set, Go! wildland program.
- In December, the IAFC celebrated its 17th graduating cohort from the International Fellowship Program.
- The IAFC launched two new publications: iCHIEFS News, a digital newsletter, and iCHIEFS Magazine, a printed piece that is mailed out three times per year.
For questions or feedback, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the IAFC office toll free at 866-385-9110, Monday through Friday, 9 PM to 5 PM EST.
View more about the IAFC's contributions to the fire and emergency service
Interested in joining the IAFC and making a difference? Learn more here.