The IAFC's goal is to enhance your professionalism and capabilities by providing you trusted leadership through vision, information, education, services and representation. These outlets allow IAFC members, numerous working groups and committed IAFC staff to collaborate and provide an active, passionate voice about issues that make a difference.
Check these out!
Here's a brief snapshot of the association's recent activities that are focused on ensuring your success as a leader in the fire and emergency service:
- IAFC staff met with the National Association of State Agencies for Surplus Property (NASASP) regarding the Firefighter Property Program (FFP) and the Federal Excess Personal Property Program (FEPP).
- The IAFC requested that Congress repeal the requirement that the Federal Communications Commission auction begin auctioning public safety spectrum in the T-Band (470-512 MHz) by February 2021.
- The IAFC, Esri and the Intermedix Preparedness Division, soon to be Juvare, announced that beta testing of the new National Mutual Aid System (NMAS) will begin in four states.
- In collaboration with Saudi Aramco, we hosted host our first International Fire Operations Conference in Manama, Bahrain.
- VCOS and NVFC hosted the first of three webinars on cancer best practices.
- The National VWS Grant conducted two webinars increasing awareness in volunteer departments on how to recognize your membership and how to recruit new members from diverse backgrounds.
- The IAFC managed a Fire Department Exchange (FDX) in Austin, Texas.
- In partnership with the North Carolina Association of Fire Chiefs, the IAFC announced Phase I of its Volunteer Workforce Solutions program.
For questions or feedback, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the IAFC office toll free at 866-385-9110, Monday through Friday, 9 PM to 5 PM EST.
Interested in joining the IAFC and making a difference? Learn more here.