Check these out!
Here's a brief snapshot of the IAFC's recent activities that are focused on ensuring your success as a leader in the fire and emergency service. View full list.
- In April, the IAFC president testified before the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee’s Subcommittee on Railroads, Pipelines and Hazardous Materials about reauthorizing pipeline safety legislation.
- On April 9, the IAFC joined with other fire service organizations to push for funding of the Firefighter Cancer Registry in FY 2020.
- The IAFC Program Planning Committee has begun preparations for a new and improved Fire-Rescue International conference and expo. #GetReady
- In May, VCOS held the 4th annual Symposium in the West. Attendees learned about leadership, cancer prevention, mental wellness and bullying prevention.
- In June, the IAFC kicked off its second official IAFC Diversity Executive Leadership Program (iDELP), a two-year program bringing together a group of current and future leaders to help foster a diverse and inclusive leadership and workforce.
- The IAFC launched the new iCHIEFS Podcasts that includes leaders discussing hot-button issues.
- IAFC leaders have represented the association by attending various regional events and participating on conference calls with other fire service organizations.
- The IAFC's Digital Center launched the Community Safety Grant web page to provide information on accessing grant services.
- The WUI Chief's Guide was released as a resource to help chiefs of all experience levels mitigate, respond to and recover from WUI events.
For questions or feedback, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the IAFC office toll free at 866-385-9110, Monday through Friday, 9 PM to 5 PM EST.
View more about the IAFC's contributions to the fire and emergency service
Interested in joining the IAFC and making a difference? Learn more here.