Join the EFO Section Great Lakes Director Chief Joe Pulvermacher and Dr. Denis Onieal for part one of a two part series that explores Executive Leadership.
Part one will focus on Executive Leadership: Preparation and Application.
Questions to be discussed include:
- What is an executive leader’s primary function (primary goal)? How can that leader best prepare him or herself? How can they best prepare their organization?
- In your crystal ball, what do you see in the future for the fire and emergency service (the inevitable)? What does the executive leader need to plan for now (setting a foundation, providing direction)?
- Dr. Onieal, in your career, how can you best summarize executive leadership development in emergency services?
- What qualities of executive leaders have not changed from generation to generation?
- What has changed (or needs to change) most dramatically within executive leadership?
- As the Deputy Fire Administrator and as the Superintendent of the National Fire Academy, you have witnessed the “speed of government” and “prioritization of government funding.” What is one of our biggest priorities when addressing organizational sustainability? Is this something within our grasp? If not, how long will it take to realize (preparation and planning)?
Do you have a question for Dr. Onieal? Submit your question for the webinar.;