National Volunteer Workforce Solutions seeks volunteer and combination fire departments to participate in an internal climate survey and site visit focused on promoting diversity and inclusion. Departments that demonstrate best practices for establishing an inclusive environment, as well as departments that seek resources for improving diversity and inclusion efforts are encouraged to apply. The deadline to apply is April 5.
Participant Requirements (pdf)
Sample MOU (pdf)
View the informational webinar.
The National Volunteer Workforce Solutions program for Inclusion and Diversity, in partnership with the International Association of Fire Chiefs Volunteer & Combination Officers Section, is offering scholarships for five officers and future leaders from combination and volunteer fire departments to conferences.
The scholarship will cover flight, hotel and registration to the following conferences:
- VCOS Symposium in the West, May 2-4 in Phoenix, AZ
- Application deadline: March 22
- Fire-Rescue International, August 7-10 in Atlanta, GA
- Application Deadline: June 7
- VCOS Symposium in the Sun, November 14-17 in Clearwater, FL
- Application Deadline: September 6
- VCOS Symposium in the Spring, May 14-16, 2020 in Minneapolis, MN
- Application Deadline: March 13, 2020
Awardees will be notified within two weeks of the deadline. All flights must be booked 30 days prior to the conference. Selected applicants are expected to attend classes and network while at the conference.